Lorraine quiche is a typical French dish. The preparation is easy and you can supplement it with fresh salad to get a complete meal.
- Mix flour, oil, salt and pieces of Président butter. Knead the mixture with fingertips until the butter unites with flour.
- Add water as needed and knead the crisp dough. Form a ball and put in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 190º C.
- Roll out 3 cm thick dough with hands, with occasional adding of flour so that the mass does not get sticky.
- Transfer the dough into an oiled baking tin.
- Arrange bacon on the pastry.
- Beat the eggs, cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Pour eggs over the bacon and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Leave the baked quiche for a few minutes to cool, then serve.